Summer is a time of abundant garden produce – fresh, crunchy and juicy! What better way to enjoy it than a big bowl of salad! Salads are so incredibly versatile and there is no limit to the combinations and flavors that you can create. Make a small side salad to a complement a meal, or add some protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, and you have a complete meal!
Summer Salad Sundays is a place to link up and share your salad recipes, or to get some great ideas for your next salad. Summer Salad Sundays will run all through summer!
- Leafy green salads
- Meat-based salads
- Grain or lentil-based salads
- Pasta salads
- Potato salads
- Fruit salads
- Cooked vegetable salads
- Homemade salad dressing recipes/tips
- ….etc…provided it’s healthy and salad-related!
Thank you for the wonderful selection of salads from last week’s Summer Salad Sunday! I hope you’re getting as much inspiration as I am from the variety, creativity and amazing flavor combinations of the salads being shared here. My selection of salads this week is a little fishy 🙂 (well two of them are) but fish is so good for you and a great source of protein. I hope you’ll take the time to check them out:
Oh wow, the tuna in this salad looks SO GOOD! Tuna like that just melts in your mouth. As for the roasted garlic dressing with green chile….well, you’ll just have to go and check it out for yourself!
I believe in sardines so much that I’m actually starting to enjoy them! I like them best when they’re in a dish with lots of other strong flavors. Sardines in a Greek salad sounds like a perfect combination!
This salad really appeals to me because it sounds so flavorful and has lots of wonderful fresh veggies and good protein.
Salad Dressing Feature:
I have chose two salad dressings to feature this week, because I simply couldn’t decide!
The first one is a Zucchini Pesto by Little Kitchen Big Flavors. It is a great way to use zucchini and sounds simply delicious!
The second dressing is a Chocolate Balsamic Vinaigrette by The Taste Space. Such an amazing idea, and so decadent 🙂
Carnival Guidelines – PLEASE READ:
1) Real food ingredients only! This means no industrial foods such as processed vegetable oils (extra virgin and cold pressed are ok), refined sugar, unfermented soy etc.
2) No store-bought salad dressings! Making your own mayonnaise or vinaigrette using quality oils and other healthy ingredients is so easy, and so much better for you. If you’ve never tried making your own before, stay tuned, because there are sure to be many great mayo/vinaigrette recipes shared here!
3) Please add a link back to Summer Salad Sundays on your post. This is standard linky etiquette and helps more readers find all of the great recipes shared on Summer Sunday Salads. Only posts that link back will have a chance of being featured.
5) Finally, if you see something that you like, leave a comment for that person on their blog and let them know you found them through Summer Salad Sundays! It’s always great to get positive comments 🙂
Link up using the Linky tool below. Please make sure that you link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blog’s home page.