When I want something for dinner that is quick and tasty, I usually think Mexican food. It’s quick to throw together, tasty (always!), colorful, and fun. It is also very affordable, because you can get away with using less meat per person, and other protein sources such as beans can be mixed in with the meat to stretch it further.
Being gluten free, for a while there I was eating my tacos on rice, which is very tasty, but sometimes you just want to wrap it up! So when I started making my gluten free crepes/tortillas I realized the potential these had for revitalizing Mexican night!
Chicken taco seasoning mix:
3 teaspoons chili powder
1 ½ teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoons onion powder
¼ teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium-low.
2. Add the chicken and 3-4 teaspoons of the seasoning (depending on your taste).
3. Add a couple tablespoons of salsa. This adds extra flavor and helps to keep the chicken moist.
4. Stir the mixture as it cooks to get the chicken evenly coated in the spices. If you’re using chicken thigh meat, it will continue to shred as you mix it, which is perfect! Add a little water to the pan, or a bit more salsa, if it gets dry.
6. To serve, spoon chicken mixture onto each tortilla and top with your favorite toppings.
7. Roll it up and enjoy!
Linking to: Full Plate Thursdays, Frugal Food Thursday, Keep it Real Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursdays, Freaky Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Foodie Friday, Fit and Fabulous Fridays, Monday Mania, Inspire Me Monday, Make Your Own Mondays, Homestead Barnhop, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Hop, Real Food Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Home Is Where The Heart Is