Summer Salad Sundays! 6/24/2012

Welcome to Summer Salad Sundays!

Summer is a time of abundant garden produce – fresh, crunchy and juicy! What better way to enjoy it than a big bowl of salad! Salads are so incredibly versatile and there is no limit to the combinations and flavors that you can create. Make a small side salad to a complement a meal, or add some protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, and you have a complete meal!

Summer Salad Sundays is a place to link up and share your salad recipes, or to get some great ideas for your next salad. Summer Salad Sundays will run all through summer!

Anything goes!

• Leafy green salads
  • Meat-based salads
  • Grain or lentil-based salads
  • Pasta salads
  • Potato salads
  • Coleslaws
  • Fruit salads
  • Cooked vegetable salads
  • Homemade salad dressing recipes/tips
  • ….etc…provided it’s healthy and salad-related!

Thank you for the wonderful selection of salads from last week’s Summer Salad Sunday! I hope you’re getting as much inspiration as I am from the variety, creativity and amazing flavor combinations of the salads being shared here. Here are my featured salads from last Sunday……all of them featuring mango! I hope you’ll take the time to check them out:

Chicken, Mango and Black Bean Salad w/ Cilantro Lime Sauce by The Tasty Alternative

This salad with chicken, mango and black bean sounds like a delicious combination. But what really stood out for me is the Cilantro Lime Sauce which looks so creamy and delicious!

Mango & Bacon Salad by Tessa the Domestic Diva

Mango, bacon and avocado combine with greens and purple cabbage in this tasty salad. But again….the dressing! You simply have to check out the mango dressing!

Thai Kelp Noodle Salad w/ Mango and Lima Beans by The Taste Space

I’ve been hearing a lot about kelp noodles lately, and although I’ve never tried them, I sure want to now! This salad combines kelp noodles with a bunch of other tasty ingredients to create a mouth-watering salad!

Salad Dressing Feature:

I also wanted to highlight this Strawberry Maple Vinaigrette by The Old-Fashioned Housewife. This dressing sounds so delicious that it sounds like she is giving me permission to pour dessert over my salad!

Carnival Guidelines – PLEASE READ:

1) Real food ingredients only! This means no industrial foods such as processed vegetable oils (extra virgin and cold pressed are ok), refined sugar, unfermented soy etc.

2) No store-bought salad dressings! Making your own mayonnaise or vinaigrette using quality oils and other healthy ingredients is so easy, and so much better for you. If you’ve never tried making your own before, stay tuned, because there are sure to be many great mayo/vinaigrette recipes shared here!

3) Please add a link back to Summer Salad Sundays on your post. This is standard linky etiquette and helps more readers find all of the great recipes shared on Summer Sunday Salads. Only posts that link back will have a chance of being featured.

5) Finally, if you see something that you like, leave a comment for that person on their blog and let them know you found them through Summer Salad Sundays! It’s always great to get positive comments :)

Link up using the Linky tool below. Please make sure that you link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blog’s home page.

This entry was posted in Summer Salad Sundays. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Summer Salad Sundays! 6/24/2012

1. Pingback: Caribbean Carrot Salad (GF) - The Nourishing Home

2. Pingback: Ginger and Lime Chicken Salad | Easy Natural Food

3. Pingback: Ground Beef Gyros- Pockets or Salads « Stitching Hearts Together

4. Pingback: Bacon Lettuce & Tomato Salad (with Avocado and Poached Egg) | The Saucy Southerner

5. Thank you for featuring my salad dressing and thank you for hosting this fun carnival. Blessings!

6. Vicky says:

Hi! Thank you for hosting! Today I shared my Green Lentil Salad from last year!

Have a lovely week!

7. One can never have too many salad recipes… totally scouring for new dressings. Thanks for highlighting my Thai salad! Kelp noodles are fun but any noodle could be used for that salad.

8. Pingback: Recipe: Baby Bok Choy with Ginger and Scallion

9. mjskit says:

Love all of these wonderful salads! Hope you’re having a marvelous weekend and thanks for hosting this fun hop!

10. Patti says:

Thanks again for hosting Debbie! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

11. Pingback: Broccoli Slaw | Bookcase Foodie

12. Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my Cherry Chicken Salad recipe I created to make use of all of the cherries currently in season.

13. Pingback: Cherry Chicken Salad, or Summer in a Bowl | Too Many Jars in My Kitchen!

14. Ann says:

Love all these salads! I just shared one of my summer favorites–Curried Couscous Salad. Thank, Debbie!

15. Hi Debbie,
    Joining in with a delicious summery Romaine-Arugula Salad with Avocado, Blueberries, Goat Cheese and Lime-Cilantro Dressing.
    Thanks for hosting!

16. Pingback: Strawberry Pesto Salad | Real Food, Real Deals

17. What a delicious line-up of salads with mango! It looks like you’ve got some more amazing recipes linked up this week as well.

Have a great week!

18. i am really loving this series, as I find myself in the same old salad ruts all the time, so this is a fabulous springboard for me! Thanks for the feature, I really love that salad….and I just got some fresh mangos yesterday…Wohoo!!

I’ve been in a total salad rut for years! But I love challenging myself to make a new salad each week….gets me out of my comfort zone!

19. Pingback: Smoked Turkey & Crunchy Vegetable Salad | Tessa the Domestic Diva

20. Pingback: Fox in the Kitchen – Recipe: Cabbage Slaw Two Ways :: Easy Like a Sunday Morning

21. amber says:

Thanks so much for featuring my mango chicken salad! I love how you highlighted two other mango salad recipes. Fun.

This week I am sharing a candy cane beet, strawberry, black plum salad, with a ginger lemon honey dressing. :-)

Have a great rest of your week, Debbie!

Hugs,

22. Hi, Lori. I just came across your link for the first time. What a great idea for summer!! I’m always looking for lighter, healthier meals when the heat picks up (as I mentioned in my cucumber-basil salad post).

Your salads and the linked salads look amazing. Looking forward to trying out some of these recipes. Thanks for hosting!

23. Pingback: How to Fight Summer Heat: Refreshing Cucumber-Basil Salad | Nom Yum & Free

24. Pingback: Summer Salad Sundays! 7/1/2012 | Easy Natural Food