I used a ginger and lime dressing on this salad. It was very light, bright and refreshing, and oh so tasty. I definitely plan to make this salad again….very soon!
To cook the chicken, I cut it into thin slices and cooked it in a pan until lightly golden brown, but you could also grill the chicken breasts and then slice them up. Either way, the chicken does not need to be warm when the salad is served – room temperature is fine.
Ginger and Lime Chicken Salad
1 pound chicken breast (skinless, boneless), cut into thin slices
1 tablespoon oil (I used butter)
Lettuce (any kind you like)
1 red pepper (seeds removed), thinly sliced
2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
Red onion, thinly sliced (I only used a small amount – a couple tablespoons or so)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
Zest of 1/2 lime
1 teaspoon root ginger, freshly grated
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 teaspoons liquid honey
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken (in batches if necessary) and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the chicken over medium-high heat until it is just cooked through. Do not overcook. I did this in two batches to ensure the chicken cooked fast and stayed tender. Reserve the chicken on a plate (or place in the fridge if you’re cooking the chicken ahead of time).
4. To make the dressing, add all ingredients into a bowl or glass jar (with lid) and either whisk or shake well to combine. If the dressing separates, simply mix it up again immediately prior to serving.
5. Place the lettuce and the sliced red pepper, radishes and red onion in a large bowl.
6. Add a couple teaspoons of the dressing to the salad and toss to mix everything together.
7. To serve, evenly distribute the salad mixture across each bowl and then add a portion of the chicken on top. Drizzle over some dressing.
Linking to: Summer Salad Sundays!, Souper Sundays @ Kahakai Kitchen, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Mondays, Inspire Me Monday, Homestead Barnhop, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Hearth and Soul Hop, Scratch Cookin’ Tuesday, The Recipe Box, Full Plate Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursdays, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Foodie Friday, GAPS Friendly Fridays