It has been hot here lately….hot, no breeze, no air conditioning 🙁 So all that I’ve been feeling like is a big bowl of crunchy munchy salad! Something cool, crisp and refreshing is what I’m after, and this salad fits the bill perfectly.
Crunchy Munchy Vegetable Salad
1/2 medium-size cucumber (semi-peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced)
1/2 medium-size zucchini (quartered lengthwise and sliced)
10-12 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
2 scallions, sliced
1 small red pepper, seeds removed and diced
4 radishes, diced
Dressing (any kind you like, although Italian-style works best)
Basil – dried or fresh
Lettuce (any kind you like)
2 boiled eggs
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Chop up all vegetables and add to a bowl.
2. Pour over your favorite homemade dressing.
3. Add a sprinkle of dried basil, or fresh chopped basil.
4. Mix well to coat veggies in the dressing.
5. Wash and chop lettuce and lay it out in a shallow dish.
6. Place vegetable mixture over the bed of lettuce.
7. Cut each egg into quarters lengthwise and place around the edge of the dish.
8. Season the egg with salt and pepper.
Linking to: Summer Salad Sundays, Souper Sundays @ Kahakai Kitchen, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Mondays, Inspire Me Monday, Meatless Mondays, Homestead Barnhop, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Pennywise Platter Thursdays, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Foodie Friday