Summer Salad Sundays! 6/3/2012

Welcome to Summer Salad Sundays!

Summer is a time of abundant garden produce – fresh, crunchy and juicy! What better way to enjoy it than a big bowl of salad! Salads are so incredibly versatile and there is no limit to the combinations and flavors that you can create. Make a small side salad to a complement a meal, or add some protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, and you have a complete meal!

Summer Salad Sundays is a place to link up and share your salad recipes, or to get some great ideas for your next salad. Summer Salad Sundays will run all through summer!

Anything goes!

• Leafy green salads
  • Meat-based salads
  • Grain or lentil-based salads
  • Pasta salads
  • Potato salads
  • Coleslaws
  • Fruit salads
  • Cooked vegetable salads
  • Homemade salad dressing recipes/tips
  • ….etc…provided it’s healthy and salad-related!

Each week I’ll feature 3 posts from the week before that caught my eye. I will also share these posts on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Carnival Guidelines – PLEASE READ:

1) Real food ingredients only! This means no industrial foods such as processed vegetable oils (extra virgin and cold pressed are ok), refined sugar, unfermented soy etc.

2) No store-bought salad dressings! Making your own mayonnaise or vinaigrette using quality oils and other healthy ingredients is so easy, and so much better for you. If you’ve never tried making your own before, stay tuned, because there are sure to be many great mayo/vinaigrette recipes shared here!

3) Please add a link back to Summer Salad Sundays on your post. This is standard linky etiquette and helps more readers find all of the great recipes shared on Summer Sunday Salads. Only posts that link back will have a chance of being featured.

5) Finally, if you see something that you like, leave a comment for that person on their blog and let them know you found them through Summer Salad Sundays! It’s always great to get positive comments :)

Link up using the Linky tool below. Make sure you link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blog’s home page.

This entry was posted in Summer Salad Sundays. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Summer Salad Sundays! 6/3/2012

1. Pingback: Tangy Carrot-Apple Salad | Easy Natural Food

2. Pingback: Mesculan and Mango | Bookcase Foodie

3. This is such a great idea to switch to salads now that the weather is warm. There are so many great ideas posted. This week I linked a wonderful arugula, red cabbage, fresh corn, and raw cashew salad. I also linked a colorful endive crudite salad. Thanks so much for hosting,

4. Allison says:

What a fun blog carnival :) thanks for hosting!

5. Fabulous thinking switching to salads for the summer, Debbie. I eat soup year-round, but I’m totally feeling “salady” right now ;).

6. Pingback: Chipotle Coleslaw

7. mjskit says:

Happy Sunday my friend! I’m so excited about your summer salad hop! Looks like you already have some great salads hooked up! Hope you have a great day and thanks for hosting!!

8. So glad you’re switching over to salads. We need to beef up – pardon the pun – our salad and veggie intake. Sundays will be very inspiring. I added a quick Greek salad with easy homemade dressing. Yum!

Thanks for hosting.
    All the best,
    Dana
    CookingAtCafeD

We’re the same – need to get more salad into our diets right now! I LOVE Greek salad, thanks for linking up!

9. Pingback: Mango Avocado Salad with Sirloin Steak | Real Food, Real Deals

10. Pingback: Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Kale Salad - The Healthy Beehive

11. Jane says:

Thanks for hosting this Debbie! I shared a smoked salmon and asparagus kale salad. Can’t wait to check out some of the others on here already! Happy Sunday!

12. amber says:

Love, love, LOVE this idea. So awesome. This is now my go-to place for all things summer salads. :-)

This week I am sharing a walnut, apple, and cranberry salad with a raspberry honey vinaigrette.

Have a fabulous week friend.

Hugs,

13. Pingback: Recipe: Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad with Balsamic Glaze

14. I almost forgot that this was starting this week. I linked up a homemade dressing – chiptole orange. I actually have a whole series of homemade dressings. I am not sure if I could (or should) post some of the older ones?
    Just let me know if you would prefer only newer posts.

Thanks for hosting!

• Chipotle, not chiptole. I think it is bed time :)

Ha ha! Yes :) You’re welcome to post some of your older ones! Just try to spread them out over a few weeks if you can, rather than linking them up all at once. I’m always looking for new ideas for homemade dressings!

15. I can tell I’m going to love Summer Salad Sundays! So many great recipes already linked up :)
    I’m sharing a recipe for my Chickpea and Grape Tomato Salad. It’s a family favourite that I posted about a month ago. Quick, easy and nutritious, we had it again tonight.

16. Pingback: Fox in the Kitchen – Recipe: Chickpea and Grape Tomato Salad :: Easy Like a Sunday Morning

17. Pingback: Tomato Watermelon Gorgonzola Salad | The Saucy Southerner

18. Pingback: Spicy Buttermilk Yogurt Ranch Style Dressing | The Saucy Southerner

19. Pingback: Fox in the Kitchen – Recipe: Dark Chocolate Meringues :: MMM (Must Make Monday)

20. Jessica says:

Thanks for sending that reminder out! I almost missed this! I hope you like my salad!

21. Patti says:

Better late than never Deb! This is going to be a great theme! Enjoy your week!

22. Patti says:

Hi Deb! Thanks very much for featuring my recipe this coming Sunday :o). I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for hosting with such a great theme for the summer! xo

23. Pingback: Summer Salad Sundays! 6/10/2012 | Easy Natural Food

24. Pingback: Strawberry Feta Salad (GF) - The Nourishing Home

25. Pingback: Tomato Watermelon Gorgonzola Salad | The Saucy Southerner

26. Pingback: Spicy Buttermilk Yogurt Ranch Style Dressing | The Saucy Southerner

27. Pingback: Recipes for a Strawberry, Coconut and Pinon Nut Salad | MJ's Kitchen