Sunday Night Soup Night! 3/18/2012

Welcome to Sunday Night Soup Night!

Sunday Night Soup Night is all about celebrating the goodness of wonderful homemade soups and stocks. Warm, tasty soup, made from homemade stock can be a complete and highly nourishing meal. And also an easy and convenient one!

Thank you for the wonderful selection of soups from last weeks Sunday Night Soup Night. I love the never-ending variety and creativity when it comes to soup and I always find plenty of inspiration for my next bowl :) Here are my top 3 pics from last Sunday. I hope you’ll take the time to check them out:

Quick and Easy Greek Lentil Soup by Cooking at Cafe D

This quick and easy Greek Lentil Soup looks really tasty and satisfying and comes with a great tip for making the lentils more digestible!

Chicken Pozole Chili by Savoring Today

The fresh toppings on this soup make it look so appealing and appetizing, not to mention the soup itself sounds wonderful!

Cheese and Vegetable Chowder by Our Nourishing Roots

This soup looks delicious and has lots of vegetables along with plenty of good, healthy fats. Sure to be satisfying and filling!

So come join in the fun and share this celebration of soup:
- Link up a recipe for homemade soup, stock/broth or chowder.
- Or you may have a post your wish to share about your tips/methods for making great soups and stocks, or information about the benefits of nourishing soups and bone broths.
- Or simply get inspired by checking out the links from other bloggers.

If you see something that you like, leave a comment for that person on their blog and let them know you found them through Sunday Night Soup Night! It’s always great to get positive feedback :)

Carnival Guidelines:
1) Please, no bouillon or commercial stock/broth! Soup made from homemade stock/bone broth is so much more nourishing than anything you can buy in the supermarket. If you’re not sure how to make your own stock, here are a few great posts on stock-making that have been linked to this carnival (I will rotate the links each week to highlight different stock recipes):

Nourishing Chicken Stock by Mexican Wildflower
Homemade Vegetable Broth by Fox in the Kitchen
Shellfish Stock by Our Nourishing Roots

2) Whole, unprocessed foods only please! Low-fat milk, bad fats such as margarine and other processed vegetable oils, soy products (other than traditionally fermented soy foods such as soy sauce, tempeh, miso etc) are not ok. Minimally processed canned foods such as tomatoes, coconut milk, pumpkin, etc are ok.

I’m looking for soups that embrace real food principles and traditional food techniques such as homemade stock. Soups that will nourish, heal, and keep you in good health :)

3) Please provide a link back to Sunday Night Soup Night on your post.

4) Link up using the Linky tool below:
- Make sure you link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blog’s home page.
- Enter the title of your post instead of your name in the Name field

This entry was posted in Sunday Night Soup Night. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Sunday Night Soup Night! 3/18/2012

1. Pingback: French Lentil and Vegetable Soup | Easy Natural Food

2. Pingback: sweet potato and peanut soup

3. melanie says:

Hi Debbie – thanks for your comment on my site – your linky feature was a bit different than I’ve seen before – so when I was asked for ‘name’ – I input my name instead of the name of my soup… oh well – I’ll get it next time. Thanks for the invite, I love the idea of Sunday night soups!

melanie

Hi Melanie, thanks for linking up! I agree that the linky tool is completely confusing, and I plan to change to a more intuitive one when my subscription runs out. In the meantime, I have fixed up the name of your soup so it displays correctly.

4. Pingback: Pleasant Pumpkin Soup | Lil' Suburban Homestead

5. Thanks, Debbie, for the feature this week, really appreciate that! Have a blessed week!

6. Pingback: Slow Cooker Savvy: Italian Vegetable Soup |

7. Pingback: Potato and Cabbage Soup

8. Thanks says:

[...] In the WordPress support forum, there are from time to time questions abut trackbacks. I haven’t used it myself, but I found a good tutorial on the OptiNiche blog. [...]

9. Thanks for hosting! I hope you’ll join me for Inspire Me Monday this week! We’re having a rainy weekend where I live so a warm bowl of soup/stew would be SO comforting right now! :-)

10. Pingback: Curried Cauliflower Coconut Soup Recipe (Vegan) & Fats to Include if Eating Vegan | My Life in a Pyramid

11. Thanks for hosting this every week, Debbie! :) This time, I shared a vegan curried cauliflower coconut soup – super easy to make, and very filling too. I’m not a vegan, but I try to fast from animal products for Lent as is customary in the Orthodox Christian tradition (I’m not very strict about it though). I did discuss a few of the fats that are important to add to the diet if eating vegan for any stretch of time, though I personally don’t feel that a completely vegan lifestyle is sustainable or ideal … Anyway, check out the post and let me know what you think! Thanks!! ~Heba

12. Pingback: Recipe: Beef Bone Broth

13. Joy says:

What a great carnival–thanks for inviting me! :)

14. Amber says:

Happy Sunday!

This week I am sharing my kid’s favorite soup: easy-peasy split pea. It’s really taste and so darn easy.

Have a great week,

15. Once again, this link-up has a plethora of new ideas. Thank you for hosting!

I shared a recipe for chicken soup that uses up fridge scraps for the stock. It’s sort of a crock-pot hybrid, because you first make a broth out of the stuff might have around that is not compost-ready yet but not a great texture for soup: wilted lettuce, tomato seeds, things like that. You have that in the crock pot for a few hours, strain it, and finish the soup with veggies that you want in the bowl.

16. Pingback: Bean with Bacon Soup « Sumptuous Spoonfuls

17. Pingback: Fox in the Kitchen – Recipe: “Cream” of Caramelized Onion and Cauliflower Soup

18. Hi Debbie, Thanks for hosting! I shared a recipe for creamy portobello mushroom soup. Have a great week. :)

19. Pingback: Portobello Mushroom Soup — A Harmony Healing

20. Hi Debbie,
    I joined in but got confused and goofed up on the name. I thought it wanted my name like most of the other linkys and that there would be a point after to put in the soup name “Creamy Greens Soup” but I was wrong. ;-( Sorry about that-it won’t let me fix it. Anyway, thanks for hosting this soup event and I hope to see you over at my place for Souper Sundays this week. ;-)

Aloha,

Deb

I’m sorry, its a super confusing linky tool, I’m going to be changing it soon. I fixed it so the soup name displays correctly now. Thanks for linking up, and I’ll definitely be there this Sunday!

21. Pingback: Sunday Night Soup Night! 3/25/2012 | Easy Natural Food