I’m not sure whether to call this breakfast or a snack, because I eat them both ways, but I sure do like them! I started making these for myself when I was doing the GAPS diet, but I keep making them because they’re good 🙂
Apple and Raisin Pancakes
1 apple, peeled
2 Tbsp. almond flour (or big spoonful of almond butter)
Pinch of salt (approx. 1/8 tsp.)
Small handful of raisins
1. Place a sieve over a bowl and grate the apple into the sieve. Using your hand, squeeze the juice out of the grated apple.* The juice will collect in the bowl. Drink the juice 🙂
2. Tip the grated apple out of the sieve, into the bowl.
3. Add the almond flour, eggs, salt and raisins.
4. Mix well.
5. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place spoonfuls of mixture onto the parchment paper.
7. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes on one side, then 6 minutes on other side. Alternatively you could fry these on a skillet, but they’re rather delicate and I don’t have the patience 🙂
*Note: I find that if I don’t squeeze the juice out of the apple then the mixture becomes too watery.
I love to eat these with a dollop of yogurt, sour cream or creme fraiche!
Linking to: Fight Back Friday @ Food Renegade, Freaky Friday @ Real Food Freaks, Friday Food Flicks @ Traditional Foods, Sunday School @ Butter Believer, Monday Mania @ Healthy Home Economist, Homestead Barnhop @ The Prairie Homestead, Make Your Own Mondays, Full Plate Thursdays @ Miz Helen’s, Simple Lives Thursday @ GNOWFGLINS, Pennywise Platter Thursdays @ Nourishing Gourmet, Superfood Carnival @ Painfree Pregnancy