Sunday Night Soup Night! 2/26/2012

Welcome to Sunday Night Soup Night!

Sunday Night Soup Night is all about celebrating the goodness of wonderful homemade soups and stocks. Warm, tasty soup, made from homemade stock can be a complete and highly nourishing meal. And also an easy and convenient one!

Thank you for the wonderful selection of soups last week. I love the never-ending variety and creativity when it comes to soup and I always find plenty of inspiration for my next bowl. Here are my top 3 pics from last Sunday. I hope you’ll take the time to check them out:

Courgette, Leek and Asparagus Soup by The Fussiest Eater

This soup looks so creamy and delicious, definitely a soup I plan to make when asparagus becomes available at my farmers market!

Delightful English Watercress Soup by Forgotten Domestic Arts

This is another soup that’s giving me good spring vibes. I’m going to be on the lookout for watercress too!

Coconut Saffron Shrimp Soup by Pickle Me Too

I’m sure this soup would have my taste buds singing! Shrimp, coconut, saffron…sounds so good!

So come join in the fun and share this celebration of soup:
- Link up a recipe for homemade soup, stock/broth or chowder.
- Or you may have a post your wish to share about your tips/methods for making great soups and stocks, or information about the benefits of nourishing soups and bone broths.
- Or simply get inspired by checking out the links from other bloggers.
- If you see something that you like, leave a comment for that person on their blog and let them know you found them through Sunday Night Soup Night! It’s always great to get positive feedback :)

Carnival Guidelines:
1) Please, no bouillon or commercial stock/broth! Soup made from homemade stock/bone broth is so much more nourishing than anything you can buy in the supermarket. If you’re not sure how to make your own stock, here are a few great posts on stock-making that have been linked to this carnival (I will rotate the links each week to highlight different stock recipes):

Chicken Stock by Nourishing Food Ways
How to Make Beef Stock by Our Nourishing Roots
Incredible Healing Properties of Broth by Nourish to Flourish

2) Whole, unprocessed foods only please! Low-fat milk, bad fats such as margarine and other processed vegetable oils, soy products (other than traditionally fermented soy foods such as soy sauce, tempeh, miso etc) are not ok. Minimally processed canned foods such as tomatoes, coconut milk, pumpkin, etc are ok.

I’m looking for soups that embrace real food principles and traditional food techniques such as homemade stock. Soups that will nourish, heal, and keep you in good health :)

3) Please provide a link back to Sunday Night Soup Night on your post.

4) Link up using the Linky tool below:
- Make sure you link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blog’s home page.
- Enter the title of your post instead of your name in the Name field

This entry was posted in Sunday Night Soup Night. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Sunday Night Soup Night! 2/26/2012

1. Patti says:

Hi Deb! I’m up late this evening and got a jump on tomorrow’s soup night. Hope you enjoy!

2. Pingback: Faux Pho | Easy Natural Food

3. Is it okay to put up a recipe that I already have on my site or does it need to be a new post? I would love to share a soup each week but many of the ones I make are already published. Thanks for doing this linky. I’m excited for the new ideas to try.

Hi Sarah, absolutely! Old soup posts are welcome! The only criteria is that the recipe doesn’t specify commercial stock/boullion, and that it doesn’t use fake/processed foods such as margarine or unfermented soy such as soymilk or tofu.

• Thanks so much. We are definitely homemade real food people so it should be no problem complying. I’m realizing that many of my old soups don’t have pictures so I’ll have to start remembering to take them as I make them. I’m so excited to share.

Feel free to post even if you don’t have a picture, although a picture definitely helps to get people clicking on your recipe :)

• I’m so sorry. I accidentaly put my name instead of the name of the soup. As soon as I saw it I remembered what I read in the how to. Is this something I can fix? Maybe I can take it down and put it back up again?

4. Oh! I made the most amazing GAPS legal Manhattan chowder yesterday but haven’t posted the recipe yet. I need to get on your schedule :) I’ll try to get that added tomorrow.

5. Pingback: Italian Wedding Soup | My Rural Garden

6. Pingback: Trust Me You Will Love This Bean Soup Recipe | Lil' Suburban Homestead

7. Michelle says:

So excited to join Sunday Night Soup! All of these recipes look so amazing!

8. Pingback: Real Food 101: How to Make Quick Fish Stock (Dashi) | OUR NOURISHING ROOTS

9. This week I’m sharing my latest REAL FOOD 101 post on how to make a quick fish stock from Japan called dashi. It’s also the base for miso soup, one of my favorites!

10. Pingback: Manhattan Clam Chowder for GAPS | The Liberated Kitchen, LLC

11. Pingback: Red Lentil Soup

12. Jen says:

I posted one of my personal favorites this week, Red Lentil Soup, and I can’t believe that I don’t have a picture of it!! I will be making this for dinner tomorrow so I can update my sad picture of empty, lonely bowls :(

13. Stealthy Mom says:

Good evening! This is one of my favorite link-ups. Soups are such cozy, comfortable dishes. Having soup at least once a week helps clean out the fridge, too. (I shared directions for making venison stew in the crock pot.)

Thank you! It’s hard to beat soup for taste, nutrition and overall satisfaction! I’m very interested in your Venison stew recipe!

14. Pingback: Turkey Pinto Chili | The Healthy Beehive

15. Jane says:

Hi, I shared my Turkey Pinto Soup. Thank you for inviting me!

16. Pingback: Sunday Night Soup Night! 3/4/2012 | Easy Natural Food