I think my husband’s all time favorite soup is a noodle soup, so I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to post one. When I think of how he’s patiently sat through all of my other soup experiments, I feel quite bad that I had neglected to make his favorite. But I finally did….and it was good!
I used thin rice noodles because I don’t eat gluten, and because we really like the thin rice noodles. They just seem to melt in your mouth!
This soup would be just as good with chicken meat, but we really enjoyed the sausage so I’d definitely make it that way again. I used a chicken bratwurst, but you could use any kind of uncooked sausage that you like.
Sausage Noodle Soup
2 tablespoons oil (ghee/coconut oil)
1 large onion, sliced
3 uncooked sausages (about 1 pound)
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 celery ribs
4-5 white button mushrooms
1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
Pepper – couple shakes
6 cups chicken stock
½ large bunch (approx) kale – ribs removed, chopped
4 oz (1/2 pack) maifun rice noodles
1. Cut the sausage into bite-size pieces (I prefer to remove the sausage from its casing first).
2. Heat oil in a large pot. Add the onions and sauté until golden.
3. Add sausage pieces and garlic to the pot. Saute for about 10 minutes until sausage has browned on all sides.
4. Add the celery, mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken stock, bring to a boil then simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Add kale and simmer, partially covered, for 8-10 minutes.
7. Add noodles and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Linking to: Sunday Night Soup Night, Sunday School @ Butter Believer, Monday Mania @ Healthy Home Economist, Homestead Barnhop @ The Prairie Homestead, Make Your Own Mondays, Real Food 101 @ Ruth’s Real Food, Fat Tuesday @ Real Food Forager, Traditional Tuesdays @ Whole New Mom, Real Food Wednesdays @ Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Healthy 2day Wednesdays @ day2dayjoys, Whole Food Wednesday @ Beyond the Peel, Full Plate Thursdays @ Miz Helen’s, Pennywise Platter Thursdays @ Nourishing Gourmet, Fight Back Friday @ Food Renegade, Freaky Friday @ Real Food Freaks