At least once a week I make these gluten free banana pancakes for myself and my daughter for breakfast. In fact we had them this morning, which is what prompted this post 🙂
These pancakes are quick and easy to make, and taste pretty darn good too! Unlike some gluten free pancakes, I also find them very easy to flip. I know there are lots of different versions of gluten free pancakes out there, but I just wanted to share how we make them.
Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
1 ripe banana (lots of brown spots)
2 tablespoons white rice flour
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. sea salt
2 large eggs
1. Peel banana and mash with a fork until it is smooth.
2. Add the flours, baking powder, salt and eggs.
3. Using a whisk or blender, blend all ingredients into a smooth batter. I find the consistency is perfect with just the eggs, but you could thin with a little water or coconut milk if needed.
4. Spoon mixture onto a hot, oiled skillet. I find the setting just below medium works best. The batter should sizzle lightly when poured onto the pan. If it’s too hot, bubbles form straight away and the pancakes tend to burn.
5. When the underside is a light golden brown, flip the pancakes. Gently fry on the other side until golden brown.
6. Makes 18-20 pancakes approx. 2.5 inches in diameter. Extras freeze well.
Serve warm with your choice of toppings.